EducationIncreasing academic achievement and student attendance
EmpowermentEmpowering students, families and neighborhoods to succeed
EnrichmentEnriching lives through the arts, athletics and cultural celebrations
SuccessPreparing students to graduate and continue their education/training
Evans Community School
The first of its kind in Florida, Evans Community School brings together top organizations – social services, health services, higher education and more – partnering for a common cause: student success in school and in life.
Evans Community School is much more …
Evans Community School is much more than a place for students to attend class. It’s a reflection of the hopes, dreams and aspirations of the Pine Hills community – and it provides activities, services, education and engagement to help students, parents and local citizens turn their hopes into reality.
Open six days a week and throughout the year, Evans Community School opens early and closes late so students have more opportunities to participate in a variety of activities to enhance their education, character and well-being. Other programs help parents and families to connect, form relationships and, together, become a stronger community.
- The Evans Community School is the ultimate example of what true community partnership looks like. I am so proud of this concept that will work to better the lives of all who attend Evans and those who look to the school as a hub in their neighborhood.
- When our whole community comes to the school, we'll have each other for support. I hope the students will be grateful to everyone who works so hard to get us what we deserve. They can show that by doing well in school.
- We need a strong education in our community, and we need our kids more involved. We need more parents involved in their children's lives so we can get these children off the streets and into school.
- There is nothing more exciting going on in Orange County Public Schools than this community school.
- Evans Community School has the opportunity to really create life for this community, especially for the kids. We can create a safe place, an educational place, a healthy place, a life skills development place. This is the kind of school this community needs.
- The community needs to get involved with the school and with our children's education ... It's part of me, and I encourage more businesses to get involved.